This morning I had an appt with my regular OB doctor in Anderson. He was very pleased with the progress that was being shown on the ultrasounds at Christ. We didn't repeat any blood work since it was just done last week, but we'll check the count again in two weeks at his office for my next appt.
Another interesting twist to the appt was his opinion on me being put to sleep for the c-section. In his opinion, the risks of having a pregnant woman put to sleep is more risky with complications, than a von Willebrand's patient having an epidural. I guess it depends on the doctor and hospital. I'm in a postion now where I have two respected doctors with a difference of opinions. My doctor suggested that we get in touch with an anesthesiologist and go from there since they are ultimately the one that makes the final decision on what is done. In the meantime, I plan to do research of my own and contact other doctors to get their opinion. Please pray the doctors do what is best for me and the baby during the c-section. I thought this was a closed door after the appt with the hematologist last week, but I should have known better than that!!!
This was my only appt this week. Riley must have thought I would get bored not going to a doctor more than once, so she decided to get sick on Sunday so I would take her to the doctor yesterday. She has a double ear infection and touch of pneumonia. I swear it is this crazy weather! She is starting to feel a little better and we're hoping Emily misses this round of illness.
I have 2 ultrasounds scheduled for next week: Monday 4/14 and Friday 4/18
Until next week.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment