Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Celebrations & Broken Nose

We spent this last weekend celebrating Father's Day and our Anniversary. Alex had a good Father's Day weekend with cookouts both days. We also celebrated our 6th Anniversary on the 21st. Boy what a difference 6 years can make! 6 years, 3 kids, and 1 terrific husband! I'm the luckiest girl around!

Alex's first Father's Day with 3 kids


Other Bertram news this week....I broke my nose! Yep, broke! I got beat up by a 3-year-old!! LOL We woke up Tuesday morning and the girls came and got in bed with Alex and I to watch their morning cartoons. Riley threw her head back thinking she was going to land on the pillow and landed square on my face. Alex and I both heard a crack and I knew it was broke. We went to the emergency room to have them check it out and they did 3 x-rays and sure enough, it broke down the middle. It isn't crooked at the moment or blocking my nasal passage, so they didn't need to "set" it back in place or do surgery. Just doing what you usually do for a broken nose...nothing! It is swollen at the moment, but I'm sure I'll have two nice black eyes by the weekend. I guess only time will tell.

We're in the processing of getting ready for a Baby Yard Sale. Getting ready for a yard sale is lots of work and not lots of fun! We have so much to sort through. My parents have been overcome by our baby stuff in their basement, so we are cleaning it out. I'll make a post on here in a week or so with the details. I know lots of people have been asking about the baby items and the girls' clothing.

No comments: