It has been an interesting several days in the Bertram house. The weekend kicked off with the girls' 3rd birthday party at our house on Saturday. It was a long and exhausting day, but very fun! I must have overdone myself because I went to bed about 11:00 that night and at midnight, I woke up with lots of pain. It got increasingly worse as the night went on. Needless to say, Alex and I neither one got any sleep. By 5:30, I went ahead and called the doctor because I just knew I was having contractions at that point. She gave me a few suggestions to try and stop the pain. By 8:30, things were not any better so I called again. The doctor on call wanted me to come to the hospital to get checked out. We got to the hospital around 10am on Sunday morning and as soon as they hooked me up to the monitors, they immediately saw that I was having contractions. I was also dehydrated, so they started an IV. The contractions actually got worse instead of better, so they gave me a shot of brethine to try and stop them. The combination of IV fluids and shot finally made them stop late Sunday. By 9:30, I was finally able to go home. I was up for 24 hours without sleep, so needless to say, I was and still am exhausted!!
They were actually going to keep me last night in case the contractions started back up, but I had a doctor's appt this morning, so they went ahead and let me go. I was up early this morning to head back to the doctor. They hooked me up to monitors again for my NST and things continued to look well. At this point, the c-section is still scheduled for 3 weeks from today. I'm supposed to relax over the next couple days to let my body recover from the dehydration and sleep deprivation, but then I should be back to normal. However, I don't know just how 'normal' I will feel considering I'm almost 37 weeks!
I have an ultrasound on Thursday of this week at Christ. I will also have an appt at some point this week with an anesthesiologist to discuss delivery with my Von Willebrand's, but I'm still waiting to see what day that will be.
We're almost there....although, it may be sooner rather than later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment