Busy spring! As always, there has been nothing short of excitement in the Bertram house. In the last couple months, we have had broken arms, teeth pulled, celebrated birthdays and had lots of other memorable moments!
 |
Prom 2013-Our third prom together :)
|
A couple weeks ago, I was honored to be a part of the Anthony Munoz Straight A Scholarship Luncheon. It was a wonderful afternoon and one I will not forget for a long time. One of my students, Kyle Damen, was selected for this scholarship. In his application, he had to write an essay about his Most Influential Teacher. He chose me and I couldn't be more honored. I was able to attend the luncheon with him & his family at Jeff Ruby's restaurant in Cincinnati. Also, I was able to meet Anthony Munoz and that was the icing on the cake.
 |
| Jerry Underwood (principal), Kyle Damen, Anthony Munoz, myself |
 |
| Georgetown actually had two recipients being honored at the luncheon. The other was Tom Cropper and his Most Influential Teacher, Holly Woodruff. There were only 9 boys selected from almost 200 schools and two were from Georgetown!! We were so proud of these boys!! |
 |
| One of my dearest friends and colleagues, Holly. |
Birthday=Benihana!!! I absolutely love my birthday because it means that I get to go and eat at Benihana's! It has been a family tradition for years and one I plan on continuing :)
 |
| Lets Go Reds!! |
Teeth!!! Emily and Riley are now seeing an orthodontist and it looks like we have a long road of dental work ahead of us! The beginning of this road started with the extraction of teeth!! In one morning, Emily had two teeth pulled and Riley had four teeth pulled! It was an interesting morning, but all in all, they did fantastic. I don't think I would have been that calm knowing I was getting teeth pulled. I think they were most excited about the tooth fairy coming to visit. Since January, they have lost at least ten teeth between the two of them! The tooth fairy needs to take out a loan$$$$$



A week after the teeth were pulled, Emily fell off the swing in our back yard. She broke both bones in her left arm and had a sprain in her right ankle. It was chaos for a few days, but she is doing much better. She now has a purple and pink cast with rainbow glitter. It is waterproof and she has to get it wet at least once a day. Casts sure have changed since I had them!! My first broken arm (I had 4!!) was in the third grade, so looks like she has me beat. I sure hope she doesn't take after me! She gets the cast off this week, so she is pretty excited.
 |
| Emily after getting home from the hospital the night she got hurt |
 |
| The next day |
 |
| We finally got Emily out of bed to play |
 |
| Getting the cast |
 |
| She was pretty excited about the purple |
 |
| Proud of her new cast....poor thing had to be pushed in a stroller because of her ankle! They would have given us crutches, but considering she had a broken arm, that was not an option. |
 |
| Showing off the new cast! |
No comments:
Post a Comment