Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sickness

Sickness has hit the Bertram house!  Oh what a week we have had!  It all started last Sunday when I got sick. By Tuesday,  Collin was sick and it settled into an ear infection.  This is Collin's first sickness and antibiotics.  He has done pretty well to have made it almost 8 months without being sick.  By Friday, he was worse and Riley had gotten it.  They both went to the doctor Friday evening.  They changed Collin's medicine to a stronger antibiotic since he was getting worse and not better.  Riley ended up having the croup and strep throat.  By this morning, Emily was sick and Riley was worse (her fever spiked to almost 103 last night even after being on antibiotics).  We headed back to the doctor for a third trip this morning.  They changed Riley's antibiotics to something stronger.  Emily just has a viral infection and isn't on antibiotics yet, but I'm sure it is only a matter of time that we are back with her for something.  We are running on low fuel right now and sleep is few, far and between in this house.  Thank goodness my mom has been to the rescue in keeping up with our house and laundry.  She has been cleaning toys, doing dishes, washing bedding, and doing anything else we needed her to do. Not to mention keeping 3 sick kids during the day while Alex and I worked.  Thanks mom!   Another week starts tomorrow and I have high hopes for a better week! :)  Sorry I don't have any pictures to post.  Unfortunately, there hasn't been much picture taking with all the sickness! 

No comments: