Friday, February 13, 2009

New Job!

The latest news in the Bertram family....I have gone back to work. To make a very long story short, Georgetown High School needed a math teacher asap and I have accepted the job. I knew I wanted to go back in August to teach, but starting right now came at a bit of a surprise. I was very torn, but after I weighed my options, I decided that taking this opportunity would be best. I have to say that I have been pretty emotional with making this transition, but we are all adjusting well. I wasn't sure how my starting in the middle of the school year would be accepted by the kids (considering the year they have had), but it has been a great week! I started on Monday, so I have been there a full week. I absolutely love it! I miss my kids terribly during the day, but I realized how much I do love teaching and it has been great to get back in front of the classroom. I am teaching Topics in Math, Algebra II, Pre-Calculus, and AP Calculus. I have some pretty terrific kids if I do say so myself! As far as my own little ones go, my mom comes to our house to watch them. It makes it so much easier to go to work knowing my mom is taking care of them. She's the best! I've included some pics of the classroom....needless to say, the room felt so unwelcoming when I got there, so my mom, sister & I put some finishing touches on the room to make it more inviting! (Oh...and the girls love to go to 'Mommy's School'!)

Before



After


Before


After

Before
After
My little teachers in training!

This is a scary sight....they are already 'ruling' the school!

No comments: